Thursday, September 12, 2013

First days of Japanese

Hajimemashite! I'm Frank, a second year PhD student in chemical and biological engineering in the Link lab at Princeton. Learning Japanese is something I've wanted to do for a long time, having always been interested in Japanese culture, but I've never had the chance. I'm most excited to learn how to communicate verbally and hopefully apply this knowledge next summer! It seems like the most difficult part of learning Japanese is going to be writing and memorizing all the different characters.

More to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. はじめまして ぴすこったさん。It feels good to finally get chances to pursue a dream, right? I know it feels that way for me haha. And now, we know the characters, huh? ジャまた。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well, we still haven't learned any of the kanji yet, so there are still plenty of characters left to learn...

      Delete
  2. こんにちは、フランクさん。

    わたしは大牛「だいぎゅ」うです。わたしの弟「おとうと」も 2nd year PhD student in chemical engineering! Are you enjoying?

    - 大牛

    ReplyDelete